PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has been among the biggest success stories of 2017 and even while the Xbox One variant of this game which released last month has fought to coincide with the encounter of its PC counterpart, even new upgrades are coming to deliver the experience up to par, such as the latest patch that’s improving some of the technical facets of the game.
On the official forums for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, a new patch (and set of patch notes) was unveiled for its Xbox One version of PUBG, since developer PUBG Corps was “working diligently to increase the overall player experience” of the Game Preview version of the name on Xbox.
In particular, the new update consists mostly of “quality of life” fixes while also working to enhance memory and performance problems the Xbox One variant has been known for since it surfaced in December. PUBG Corps confessed that there’s “still work remaining to allow us to reproduce and deal with all remaining problems,” however, the latest upgrade appears at least on the ideal path to enhance the game experience on Xbox One.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is accessible now on PC and Xbox One – to get a closer look at the updates in the most recent patch, you can check out the full patch notes under:
- Aim acceleration is now able to be adjusted by players via in-game option
- Player weapon damage was increased from vehicles. We’ll continue to track player opinions and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as necessary in future updates
- FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA/EU/and Oceanic servers. We will open Different modes within those areas as concurrency lets
- Fixed a problem that caused indoor light and shadows to look too dim and blueish
- Analog stick acceleration additional while leaving the airplane and while parachuting
- PhysX performance improvements
- Server FPS marginally increased
- Client FPS slightly increased
- Some VFX received minor optimizations
- Music on/off alternative additional
Addressed Numerous known crashes
Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same origin