Today Square Enix hosted a panel with the Creation team of Final Fantasy XV in the Closing Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition currently open at the Mori Art Museum in Roppongi, Tokyo.
The panel has been reported on Twitter via consumer つばさ, and the information had been relayed on Reddit by user chuansleisheng. It came with very interesting details about the approaching Royal Edition and the maturation of the game along with its own DLC expansions.
Developers also warns the Royal Edition will consist of additions to the story and also that a brand new update coming to the main game in March, even if no information was supplied on its real content.
You can read the outline below. Keep in mind that it includes spoilers for people who haven’t played the game, so in the event you wish to go in blind when the Royal Edition along with Windows Edition start next month, then you should probably refrain from reading further.
- Because Ignis’s characterization was challenging to acquire across compared to Prompto along with Gladio’s, his display time in Chapter 1 was increased.
- Ignis’s tours were more difficult to come up with than Prompto and Gladio’therefore, so they utilized “eyeglasses” as a beginning point from the brainstorming phase.
- The car-pushing occasion at the beginning of Chapter 1 was initially going to be 15 minutes.
- To grow the feelings of excitement and anticipation a journey involves, the Rock of Ravatogh was created to be observable if the player pushes the car in Chapter 1.
- In Chapter 3, it was initially assumed that there could be more people visiting Iris than to the Chocobos, however it was to be the other way round.
- There will be voice traces exclusive to this quest “The Sword at the Waterfall” (t/nas well as in Chapter 3), so please give it a go!
- The Royal Edition will supplement the main story; please appreciate the various additions!
- The group couldn’t go in to detail, however there’ll be another upgrade in March.
- Episode Duscae was originally going to become “Episode Titan,” however, it was afterwards altered for a demonstration based around an open-world experience.
- You can go to the Insomnia from the Royal Edition in Chapter 14.
- A scene which was cut from the main game where Gladio flirts with Sania was added to the FFXV Pocket Edition.
- The painting demonstration showed a Yoshitaka Amano painting of Luna mid-battle from the Royal Edition. It depicted Noctis as well as Bahamut, who did not look much in the primary game.
- It was originally intended for players to be able to craft things in the back of their Regalia. If you place meat it might become. It evolved to plans for an occasion where Cindy puts bag into the back, though this wasn’t implemented. The back was cut out of the game.
- Episode Ignis will be like a strategy-based RPG (t/n: think Dragon Age style), but this made struggles rather dull, therefore it turned into what it currently is.
- Fight commands in Comrades have been discussed. The group shared issues when they have been creating the orders and anecdotes which came up.
- Noctis was initially going to have a bachelor party in Galdin Quay, but due to Hajime Tabata, it was recognized that it would be hard to actually relax under the situation and has been cut. (t/n: assuming そらはない is 空がない, that means something similar to “restless atmosphere”)
- The numerous endings of Episode Ignis bothering at the beginning. There was also debate over what would happen upon putting on the ring. The group started developing from the concept that loss of vision was not an just an aesthetic choice. As for the multiple endings, because the ending of the game was already great, the ending carries a feeling of denial.
The game will be available on PC on March 6th, along with the Royal Edition for PS4 andXbox One. If you wish to find out more, you can check out a trailer for each, also a batch of 4K screenshots, plus some rather mad images recorded thanks to Nvidia Ansel in the recently-released benchmark of the Windows Edition. In case you can’t run the benchmark yourself, you might also enjoy a movie.