In case you’ve been living under a rock for the last several months, Fortnite and its own stand alone Battle Royale mode have taken over everything out of consoles, to PC, and most lately to mobile, and the game’s newest upgrade is guaranteed to deliver a little something for everyone with new items and much more.
Developer Epic Games announced that update v3.5 for Fortnite was published for the game across all platforms, along with the update itself is a hefty one with lots of content updates along with more general bug fixes and changes.
In particular, the patch notes contain details on the new Replays system that’s tailored perfectly towards people seeking to discuss with their gameplay clips on YouTube. The Replays feature will soon be available for the game’s Battle Royale style and will include “a package of cinematic settings” that allow players to create gameplay clips highlighting epic Battle game moments.
Besides the Replays attributes, Epic Games additionally offers added new content into the game, such as a new Port-a-Fort thing that enables players to create forts on-the-go, also has brought the 50×50 mode for a limited period with a couple upgrades and changes. Players at the game’s Save the World mode will also be receiving new objects, such as cyberpunk themed neon weapons and armor.
Fortnite is accessible today on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and iOS – to get a closer look in the new update, you can check out the below video highlighting the newest Port-a-Fort thing, along with the Complete patch notes:
- Wood, Stone, and Metal tools will now always be the first things in the stock list (e.g. instead of Traps).
- Purchased V-Bucks are now shared between Xbox One, PC and Mobile.
- Login Queue Improvements:
- During wait intervals, login will now recall your place in line in case you stop from the game and return.
- Mobile devices won’t enter the login queue greater than once per login effort.
- Two-Factor Authentication challenges will not place you back to the login queue.
- Adjusted the Login screen design to better encourage varying screen sizes and secure zones.
- Fixed a rare accident that occurred during logout.
- Fixed PS4 players departing their party after a game where they are playing with players over other platforms.
- About PC, fixed PS4 controllers showing Xbox buttons following the controller type was changed in the settings.
- Fixed rare instances where personality parts would stretch unnaturally.
- (Example) Ears of the Rabbit Raider outfit.
- Save matches and see them from almost any angle!
- Accelerate or slow down the action.
- Help tell your story better with player name and outlines plates.
- Many Camera Modes to choose from:
- Third Man
- Follows and orbits round the selected player.
- 3 distinct follow modes; Off, Car, Lazy.
- Drone Follow
- Drone style camera which always keeps the selected player in framework.
- Drone Attach
- Drone style camera That’s loosely attached to the selected player.
- Drone Free
- Drone fashion camera that is free to fly around the island.
- This camera shows what the player saw through gameplay.
- Correct cinematic camera configurations
- Focal Length
- Focus Distance
- Currently available on PC and console only.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Port-a-Fort added.
- Epic rarity.
- Drops in heaps of 1. Can stack up to 5 in inventory.
- When the Port-a-Fort is thrown, then a pre-made fort is built immediately in the end stage.
- The Port-a-Fort is made from metal and can be three stories tall.
- The base floor is 1×1 having a door for entry. Tires inside permit for simple access into the roof.
- Reduced Gravity Missile maximum speed rate by 75 percent.
- Decreased Guided Missile movement rate by 15%.
- Added a brief equip time to a lot of weapons (particularly, people that have a slower rate of fire).
- This will lower the efficacy of fast switching between weapons such as large burst-damage.
- Diminished chance of Chug Jug by 50 percent.
- Increased opportunity of Medium Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 100 percent.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 50%.
- Diminished likelihood of Explosive Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine with 25%.
- Increased opportunity of Heavy Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine with 25 percent.
- Reduced likelihood of Explosive Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Increased likelihood of heavy Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Reduced drop speed of Remote Explosives in floor loot by roughly 33%.
- Updated Medium Ammo stock icon to make it more easily identifiable.
- Fixed weapons floating in the atmosphere under specific network conditions after fast switching between things.
- Guided Missile weapon fixes:
- Removing a downed player using a Guided Missile no longer accounts as itself defense elimination.
- Selecting an item at precisely the same time as shooting a Guided Missile will no longer trigger the chosen up item to disappear.
- Firing a Guided Missile prior to the victory screen displaying will no longer stop the player from returning to the lobby.
- Players will properly spectate the player that eliminated them rather than spectating their own active missile.
- While spectating a player that fires a missile, you may now adhere to the missile rather than the player.
- Fixed a problem that caused the player to spectate a floating Guided Missile weapon over the starting island when they were removed by a missile during the game.
- Fixed a problem preventing the player from firing a guided missile whilst riding a guided missile.
- Fixed a problem causing the player’s name plate to display over the directed missile when controlling it.
- Fixed an issue in which the Rare Scoped Assault Rifle was incorrectly providing an Epic version in Vending Machines.
- Fixed a problem causing the Loot Llama to become vacant in Limited Time Modes.
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- two teams of 50 fight to the end!
- Because of this being “large squad” manner, Profile Stats won’t be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still get the job done, with the exception of these Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 at Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Storm
- Each group has a bus, coming from the island from other directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy includes reddish.
- Final storm ring visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm shuts on the ring, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes since the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, autumn every two minutes, and just land in the final storm ring.
- Added dotted line to map, that suggests the “conflict lines” between the 2 teams. Crossing the line will create running into enemies much more likely.
- Farming assets increased 75 percent over default.
- Increased flooring loot spawn chances by 15 percent.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes exude triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Offer drops spawn double ammo, and an additional consumable, resource fall and snare.
- Downed players drop health more quickly than ordinary (10 health per signal).
- New ‘Builder Guru’ controller settings
- This configuration is similar to “Combat Pro”, however optimized for quick placement of construction pieces.
- Wall, ceiling, stairs, and roof also have designated buttons on controls.
- The very first button press can switch into the mapped building piece, then each media after will place that piece.
- To switch between substances or traps, press the Left D-Pad button.
- New Squad Comms wheel
- This also Enables You to communicate immediately with no voice.
- Defaults to ‘V’ key, Right D-Pad on controller, or in the Emote menu on Mobile.
- The Loot Llama can now be discharged through destruction as well as an interaction.
- Additional a blue tint to favorable cubes to help distinguish them from enemy traps.
- Fixed an issue preventing players in editing their own constructions.
- Offer Fall repairs:
- Fixed a problem preventing players from launching distribution drops in rare cases.
- Fixed a problem causing distribution drops to jitter since they fall if a player destroys the thing that it landed on.
- Fixed a problem causing distribution fall loot to spawn from the air following the fall was shot down.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be pushed under the map if they stood beneath a falling supply drop.
- Fixed an issue causing players to start out of this map after landing a supply drop.
- Fixed a problem where building would be blocked for 3 seconds at one time under poor network conditions.
- Fixed a problem causing controls to vibrate throughout the skydiving phase when vending machines packed to the entire world.
- Fixed a problem that would hide structure health bars once the player aimed their weapon.
- Fixed toggling aim down sights not returning to the prior state after reloading.
- Fixed an issue where poor network states could stop buildings from flowing in.
- Fixed a problem where you could not pick the same Banner Icon and color blend in Battle Royale which you have in Save the World.
- Additional unique equip/reload seems for the following weapons ( all others remain the same):
- Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Pump Shotgun
- Bolt-Action Sniper
- Hunting Rifle
- Added more variation into the Tactical SMG flame noise.
- Additional more variation into the medium-range Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle fire noise.
- Remove the next “insert magazine” sound during the grenade launcher reload animation.
- Fixed the control button tag for Toggle Map not shown after being removed.
- Fixed a bug in the Locker which produced skydive previews look without the appropriate animation.
- Fixed text in the minimap which has been too small.
- Fixed the map mark not retaining its location once zooming in and out.
- Fixed an problem with map markers not pinning at your cursor when placing them while zoomed in.
- The controller analog stick can now be used to scroll the map while swiping in.
- Fixed an issue causing the removed player count showing as zero if spectating a Guided Missile.
ART + ANIMATION
- Tweaked the object pop in animation so objects ease in instead of soda in.
- Fixed inconsistent Battle Bus position changes which could occur every few seconds.
- Fixed the Rock Paper Scissors emote so it replicates correctly in the lobby.
- Fixed the Rainbow Smash and Chocolate Axe harvesting tools not necessarily tripping.
- Fixed the Guided Missile shooting animation so it plays nicely while spectating the player that is shooting the weapon.
- Reduced how big Mushrooms which were too large.